All about Sweden Stockholm travel 2/5 [] Skansen > National musem > Modern museum > Sightseeing cruise

It was summer travel for avoiding hot, going to Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark in 2013. But it was updated in 2020. Opening time depends on season, so you have to check opening time on the homepage  before visiting. And they closes Christmas, New year day, Epiphany and so on. I moved from Turku, Finland.


 It is so well-treated garden and has nice view but I can't find where it is. Maybe it is on the way to Skansen from my hotel. This photo has not any information about its location because the camera could't record the location using GPS system. There was many colorful roses and you can watch Stockholm's beautiful scene.


@Skansen

Open_ 10:00~15:00 (it depends on season. It may open until 10pm. in summer
Fees_ 160 SEK (in summer, 220 SEK)

Here is kind of folk village, so you can try some traditional play. There is group jump rope and you can walk using wood sticks. I had never tried this so it was fun. I did't know how to grab the stick and walk but kindly, old lady (she was taller than me.) teached me how to use them. 


You can also visit Nordic Musem which is nearby Skansen in Djurgården region, so it seems to be good schedule if you visit their on same day.




You can read explanation in Korean on the Skansen web site. I watched various tourist web page which is operated by Northen europe countries, But it is rarely case.
It shows Sweden's village for 500 years ago and you can meet the costumer who wears that time's cloths. You can feel as if you were in the past.

Also it holds festival on Walpurgis night, Chrustmas, New year, summer solstice. I hope to participate them some day if I go there that time. Skansen is a first outdoor museum whole in the world which is developed in 1891.

 
You can walk around here with google maps, which shows the location of cafe, restaurant, zoo, etc. After tour, I rested and watched music show on the outdoor stage.

 It was not that hot, but I felt hot becuase I was walking outside for hours. So I rested with Ice cream before leaving there.






@National museum 

Open_ 11:00~17:00 (Thur~21:00, Fri ~19:00) Enterance is closed before 30 minutes of Closing time. 
Closed_ Monday
Fees_ 150 SEK

This museum is Renaissance style but It has been being renovated when I visited. So I had to go temporary place.


There were almost 700,000 peaces of works and relics since 1500. And they were placed in chronological order, So you can feel the time's flow. If you install Museum app, it helps you more deeply understand.

16C, relics related with Swedish king, Gustav Vasa
17C, Europe religion works show dynamic and wild expression in the Baroque era.
18C, Portraits and self portraits, the world of Hubert robert, works of black and white Rembrandt, Rococo works with France, Goya's works.
19C, Works showing a transition from Rococo to neoclassicalism, works of art after the French Revolution, works of art during the period of industrial revolution.
20C, Landscapes, agriculture and so on, they have the subject of tradition. Art design mixed old and new. Works of World war 2 period, and modern design. 




@Modern museum; Moderna museet 

Open_ Tue, Fri 10:00~20:00/ Wed, Thur 10:00~18:00/ Weekend11:00~18:00
Closed_ Monday
Fees_ 150 SEK

You can meet video clips, Installation art, sculpture, painting, photos from Swedish also various countries after 1840. Representative painters include Picasso, Popova, Dali, and Oppenheim, as well as a collection of various themes.
I don't know well about Modern art, but some artists attracted me, who is from France Niki, and Iraq Madanin. Niki expressed about love and Madanin expressed about war.


There were unique sculpture in the garden.




Have you ever seen these scene which made you feel holy and mysterious in art work about landscape or religeon?

It is called Tyndall phenomenon and I saw it when I walked out museum. It occurs in room with window and there are many dust, or outside with many particles like dust or water. Due to these particles, you can see the lane of the light. It was first time when I saw strongly this phenomenon.




Sweden, especially Stockholm, the map makes me feel like I am in Hong kong because it is surrounded ocean and many islands. They are connected with each other through bridges, so I can't feel that I'm in the island. So I have no idea how can I call the water, which is ocean or river.



I didn't roaming or buy sim card so I can't find the appropriate restaurant for lunch. I mostly skipped my lunch in this traveling. Sometimes I ate hot dog on the street or bought sandwich in market.


It was not dark even in the evening, there were many parents with children in the park. It was weekday so that time if it was in Korea, I can't see young parents. Because work ends more later, so they have no time to play with their children. Having dinner, Doing house work.... so they may have not  any energy.



@Sightseeing cruise

While rest on the seat, we can do sightseeing. It's Stockholm sightseeing cruise. I rode it with Stockholm pass.



It was last schedule on the day. I saw various landscape but it was beautiful. Colorful buildings were above blue water.


Even it was around 9 pm, still bright.


댓글