All about Sweden Stockholm 3/5 [] Drottningholms> Stockholm city hall> Sergel square> Sergel street> Drottning street

It was summer travel for avoiding hot, going to Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark in 2013. But it was updated in 2020. Opening time depends on season, so you have to check opening time on the homepage  before visiting. And they closes Christmas, New year day, Epiphany and so on.


I had to tranfer subway to bus for going there.


Bus seems different from Korea. There were two sections and they were connected with tube. So bus was flexible when it drove at the corner. You have to watch out if you stand between two sections. 

You can understand about Drottningholms more  through next post.
About Drottningholms 



Drottningholms palace is in the island where it connected to Stockholm with bridge, so it is a little far from central. You can reach to Drottningholms with various way. I went to there by bus and subway and came to Stockholm by ferry.

It tooks about 1 hour by ferry and I had discount 60 SEK with Stockholm city card. I paid 120 SEK.



I didn't think about swimming in the beach because it was not that hot summer. But many people was swimming there.


When I hear the word "Beach" I image long beach with sandy ground, and it is far away from center of capital city. Because Korea capital city Seoul locates inside of country. So Seoul is far from beach.

But people who lives Stockholm were enjoying water not far from capital city and it was so impressive to me. I wondered if they were not cold.

 If you get off ferry you are nearby Stockholm cityhall. When I took the photo, 3 boys or guys teenager came to me and got off their bicycle. They asked me to take their photo and gave their a camera. It was very strange if I asked them "Can I take your photo by my camera?". Yes it is certainly strange. Maybe if I speak English better or I was not shy, I might ask. Finish looks very shy angel and Swedish looks sweet angel. They are very tall and fashionable.



@Stadshus parken; City hall park

At the garden, In front of Cityhall, You can watch Gamla stan and Södermalm region over the river ( I don't know it is river or not...) Feeling wind and Watching wide view, you can rest in best place.


@Stockhorm stadshus; Stockholm city hall

Open_8:30~16:00
Fees_ 90~120 SEK
Guide tour time_ 10:00~15:00 at o'clock (Eng) 12:00, 14:00 (Swedish) during 45'


It has famous two rooms. Golden hall is made by almost 19,000,000 golden mosaic and takes a place "Novel prize ceremony". Blue hall holds after party of Novel prize ceremony ever 10th Dec.


 Truly, Stockholm city hall was not this place. It was in old downtown. City hall's architectural contest was announced in 1902, it was launched here after Lagnar Östberg won the contest .
But its plan was changed due to location. It tried to locate the city hall and downtown to separate. After all, people made agreement that city hall located in downtown, so city hall located this place where Kungsholmen's southern.
This reason, city hall was developed by the 2nd winner Carl Westman's design instead of 1st winner from 1911 ~ 1915.


It holds city council every 3rd Monday and about 300 public officers work here. Or it holds events, reception, party.

City hall is similar Renaissance style which is shown in Italian palace and it has two inside gardens. Many statues and painters show Sweden and Stockholm's history and they were made by famous artists who lived that time.


You can see colorful wooden horse inside of city hall. How about takes a picture with it?




@Sergels torg; Sergel square

There is a tower which was made by mono tone mosaic tiles and 80,000 pieces of glass. Originally, it becomes bright in the night but it couldn't then. Even we couldn't reach closer because it was renovating.

 



@Sergelgatan; Sergel street

There are many stores on the Sergel street. That time, there was big summer bargen sale so I looked around various brand shops and bought some clothes. (for example, H&M, and H&M and H&M....kkkk) H&M which is in Sweden, has much more clothes and cheaper than Korea.


@Drottninggatan; Drottning street

Drottning street is main street like Sergel. There were many people who wore soccer uniform, maybe there was a soccer game 





It was not special scene, just my hotel room's view. I came back room late but I could see outside because of long day time. So I drew it. I always want to draw beautiful road or buildings while I travel but I have no time for that. I draw so slowly and have tough schedule. When I can draw on the road during traveling? I must have break time in traveling.
 
 

댓글