All about Norway Oslo 1/2 [] Norwegian museum of culture history > Oslo cathedral > Karl johans gate

It was summer travel for avoiding hot, going to Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark in 2013. But it was updated in 2020. Opening time depends on season, so you have to check opening time on the homepage  before visiting. And they closes Christmas, New year day, Epiphany and so on.







City view what I saw was so peaceful. It was same with my image about it.
This is Oslo pass which is useful. I totally stayed 2 days but I layover in Bergen so I bought ticket for 24 hour. check it about Oslo pass here!
노르웨이 오슬로 패스 파헤치기 포스팅 [◁클릭] 

You can conveniently travel from Stockholm, Sweden to Oslo, Norway by train. It takes about six hours and takes a lot of time, but around the middle of the trip, I took a nap or saw landscape. So I wasn't bored. Still, if you don't like moving for a long time, you can spend half a day in Stockholm and move to Oslo in the afternoon. But if you look at the picturesque scenery on the way, it make your brain fresh and you feel stable. 
 Then let's briefly find out what kind of country Norway is. Norway, which uses Oslo as its capital, they use their own language. And it is mostly composed of Celtic and Germanic people. It is a parliamentary cabinet system and a constitutional monarchy republic with a king and a prime minister. They became independent from Sweden in 1905 and borders, but they are not very close. Nearly 85% of people believe in Gospel Lutheranism. The keyword familiar with Norway is probably #Salmon #Aurora #Fjord #Munch.
 They are maps of Oslo central city and metro. 
 
 

@Norwegian museum of culture history; Norsk folkemuseum

Open_ 10:00~17:00 (Oct~Apr 11:00~16:00)
Fee_ 100 NOK (in 2013)


It is a place where you can look at various times and spaces in Norway in the past. This area has a reenactment of the rural landscape and you can see various Norwegian-style houses in each area. It depends on the times, the style seems to vary depending on the purpose of the building. The black wooden houses are impressive and the lower floor is narrower than the upper floor in the structure floating from the ground. Is the climate the cause? These houses are from the 1700s to 1800s. 

The simpler wooden houses are houses from the 1600s and 1700s. Of course, it has a simple structure depending on the purpose. 

People are also wearing traditional clothes and like the outdoor folk village of Turku, there are people who actually play music at home or clean up, so it felt like I was in the past. Turku felt like seeing people's work life in the past because there were people who made handicrafts but this place felt like seeing people's daily lives in the past. 

 It looks like a modern house but these are also medieval houses. This area reenacted houses in Oslo or cities in the past, not in the countryside. It is said that in 1642, Oslo's village was completely destroy of fire.
 
Buildings in the new city were planned to be built with bricks or stone rather than logs, which is a traditional method but it was difficult for the working class to build houses with bricks because the unit price was more expensive. So they got permission for building danish style and this village consisted of typical Nordic logs, half-timbered, and bricks. The wealthy lived around the port area of Biervica and new towns continued to be built.

Later, in the 1850s, in the center of the city, the house began to be built as a one-story or two-story building. It has a rail station, a beach and an industrial district nearby, so it has emerged as a key point area.  By the 1900 small buildings were redeveloped so replaced by large buildings. 

The apartment building from Wesels Gate 15 is an old three-story brick building in Oslo Downtown. Built in 1865, it was a typical apartment type in Oslo, mainly middle class such as store owners, craftsmen, employees. 

 Sweden and Norway are in the same Scandinavia but new alphabet appears. “O” has slash so it looks  

There are indoor museums as well as outdoor folk villages. Sami traditional or past costumes, traditional art, household goods and furniture are on display.




It 's innerside of Oslo's tram. It was mixed blue and yellow colors, it made me feel like a Swedish tram.

@Domkirke; Oslo cathedral

Open_ 10:00~16:00 (Feb 16:00~06:00)
The ceiling fresco, 6,000 pipe organs, three-story altar, and stained glass are the viewing points. 
Originally, two cathedrals were built in Oslo before this cathedral was built. In the early 12th century, Halbad Cathedral was built and the city was devastated by foreign invasions (maybe Sweden?) and at that time, Halbad Cathedral was destroyed so only remained the lower wall.
The second cathedral was the Trinity Cathedral, where Christian IV was built in Christiania. However, less than 50 years after completion, it was completely burned down.
The third cathedral built is now Oslo Cathedral, which was not built in the center of the city but on the suburban. It was built of Dutch bricks painted with yellow and red stripes like other buildings at the time and the tower was lower than it is now and there was no spire. 
It is estimated that it was built around 1100 because there were items from in the Halbad Cathedral's inside. These include portraits, bells, chandeliers, holy grail, and candlesticks.


@Karl johans gate

It is a street that extends through the cathedral and the Norwegian Parliament Building and shopping, culture,  art streets that extend to central station and the royal palace.



It's my first trip to Europe and I had to go to a place with an English menu. That time, my smart phone wasn't useful in oversea because I didn't roaming. The local food is reindeer steak or meatball but I didn't eat properly because I don't like both of them. If it were now, I would pick a sandwich and go to the nearby park and eat. But I didn't have good idea then. I just tried to find restaurants.

 

But I thought I should eat some meat so I went to a meatball store and had a late dinner. It looks like early evening but it's already 9 p.m... There were not many open stores. Fortunately, I was able to eat simple meatballs and potato salads. The price is 20,000 won including free drinks! It didn't make me feel full, only I ate moderately but the price exceeds the buffet lunch price. Northern Europe... It was the best of prices. 
For example, a small bottle of carbonated water costs about 4,000 won. You can guess another thing's price.




I had some problem when I took my luggage in rocker and it solved. Taking subway and went to my reserved hotel. Another problem happened again. Google map showed the hardest route to hotel. Google map noticed me where I should take off the subway station and it was nearest from hotel. But it showed that I have to  walk from the subway station.


I walked on the road and getting dark, there is no walk road which was made for easy walking even I had my luggage with wheel. My luggage has two wheel and road was not flat, it was too difficult to draw. If I was in Korea in that season, I would wet my sweat.
Through tunnel, across yard... I reached my hotel finally. And I saw tram station which is infront of my hotel. Google map didn't show me the tram transfertation.

It looks like dormitory of university, clean and simple. But the room I placed first, hot water didn't come out. So I had to repack my luggage and changed my room bigger size. I felt that it's okay if traveler can't speak English or native language but it's hard when problems happen.
It was first time that I heard my called name from foreigner, it makes me strange my name. I thought I would change alphabet of my name. Maybe this day was special day when I used English most.
Like this, Norway started the day with a path of hardship.

댓글